Monday, September 01, 2008

Quotes by Mark Twain

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.


All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.


When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.


There are many excuses for our sins, but the most popular is providence.


I never let my schooling interfere with my education.


Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.


Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.


There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice.


Be virtuous and you will be eccentric.


Training is everything. the peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education.

No comments: